No matter how big or small your company is, pests are those eternal threats that no business is exempt from. That’s why effective pest control is one of those essential requirements that will keep your business running smoothly and save you time and money.
What Types of Pests Are Covered in Monthly Pest Control Contract?
The constant presence of rodents, insects, and other animal species can not only be annoying but also a health hazard. They can carry different types of microorganisms that are vectors of diseases for humans (pathogens).
These usually proliferate as a consequence of inadequate cleaning of the facilities. Also poor management of daily organic waste and the absence of a proper pest control plan.
Among the best-known types are:
- Rodents such as mice and rats, which are carriers of salmonellosis, causing pneumonia, leptospirosis, trichinosis, etc.
- Crawling insects such as cockroaches: salmonellosis, helminthiasis, viruses, fungi, protozoa such as Escherichia coli.
- Flying insects such as flies and mosquitoes: typhoid, meningitis, hepatitis, malaria, cholera.
- Flying animals such as pigeons : tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis, salmonellosis, pneumoencephalitis.
- Spiders. People with arachnophobia tend to feel uneasy in any area they believe could harbour spiders or that has visible signs of their presence.
- Wasp nests. Unlike bees, wasps do not die after one sting. They can, and will, sting you quite a few times, said Ms Bungay. “While being stung by one wasp isn’t normally dangerous, 30 or 40 stings could kill you.
- Ants. also are capable of transmitting food borne disease organisms since they are known to contaminate food with disease organisms such as E. coli, Shigella and Salmonella.
Advantages of Monthly Pest Control Contract for Your Business
There are many advantages of a monthly pest control contract to protect your business, some of which are listed below:
- It takes care of the reputation of your business and maintains a good brand image.
- Provides an optimal level of sanitation for your customers and employees.
- Increase your clientele by keeping your facilities clean and tidy.
- Avoid legal problems with the administrative entities responsible for supervising and regulating sanitation in commercial establishments.
- Guarantees ideal conditions for your products, furniture, and facilities, avoiding significant economic losses.
- Improve internal air quality.
It is vital for your business to avoid damages and diseases caused by pests. Also costly material damages and damage to your reputation. Here are some tips that will help you keep your commercial establishment free of these invading elements:
Establish Feeding Zones
Take this into account in the company’s regulations. Establish an area for eating and food preparation (ideally a kitchen-dining area) to avoid spills and leftovers. Remember pests are looking for a food source at all times.
Take Precautions With Rubbish
It is important to avoid throwing waste away during hot and sunny hours. Organic remains attract rats and unpleasant insects such as flies and cockroaches. Do not leave rubbish scattered outside the bin area and avoid spills by closing the bags tightly. By introducing a robust waste plan you will aid the control of rodents and insects.
Repair and Prevent Leaks in Pipes
When you detect a leak, do not wait too long to repair it, since humidity is one of the main factors that attract pests such as silverfish, for example.
Room Temperature and Humidity Control
Pests proliferate in the heat. For example, machines that heat up and do not have proper ventilation favour the appearance of cockroaches. Tires and objects with water are also a perfect refuge for fly’s, mosquitoes, and insects.
Make a Constant Check of All Areas of Your Business and Nearby Green Areas
It is not only enough to maintain order and hygiene inside your establishment but also to detect the possible appearance of pests in nearby areas.
Have Periodic Pest Prevention and Protection System
It is necessary to seek the help of professionals whose service deal with pest management. Monitoring and prevention avoid the entry of harmful pests and infestations. The management of pests also control the reproduction of pests, and the damage they may cause. Pest control systems should be reviewed periodically to apply the necessary corrective measures if negative results are observed.
Final Thoughts on Monthly Pest Control
When we talk about pest control, we associate it with a complicated job. But with these helpful tips mentioned above, you’ll get a better idea of the subject and understand why pest control is so essential for your business and industry:
- You will avoid diseases.
- It will take care of the well-being of your customers and staff.
- Your company’s reputation will be upheld.
- Material damage to products, furniture, and facilities will be avoided.
- Legal problems will be avoided.
Save time and money, and do not hesitate to implement a pest control contract service now! Click here to get in touch